Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Managing

Well this is my official first week of managing. Granted I don't have the title as "manager" yet, but soon I will. Currently I am the acting manager while my manager is out on maternity leave (no baby yet!). It's a lot crazier than it looks, especially when your right hand person is out of the office for a few hours. I mean, I worked 11 hours without lunch and I didn't even realize it!! I can't believe how many things there are to do when you're a manager. But of course, I love it!! It's actually a really awesome experience because I get to try out the job before I take it so if I end up hating it I know! Although I have to say I don't see how I could hate it. It's pretty fun. I get to oversee everyone's work and make sure things are running smoothly. I guess I'll just have to see 3 months from now if I'm saying the same thing. But for now, it's all good. If you have any managerial advice, please let me know, as I could use all that I can get, just starting out and all. Anyway, doing this whole managing thing has gotten me pretty tired which means I need to go to bed earlier than I'm used to. But I'll be back....to write more on this little adventure that I'm on....

No comments: